Audit Work Plan Fiscal Year 2022
The reviews described in the Plan are designed to address those areas that are most vulnerable to fraud, waste, and abuse. Since 1997, we have provided our perspective on the top challenges facing SSA management to the Congress, the Agency, and other key decisionmakers. For Fiscal Year 2022, the Office of the Inspector General has identified the following management challenges.
- Improve Service Delivery
- The Social Security Administration’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Improve Administration of the Disability Programs
- Improve the Prevention, Detection, and Recovery of Improper Payments
- Modernize Information Technology
- Protect the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the Agency’s Information Systems and Data
The Plan includes the reviews we plan to begin in Fiscal Year 2022.